Monday, April 26, 2010

Up North

Today was spent in the Norther part of Israel & the Golan Heights. Its crazy how tranquil everything was and that we were at the corner of a region so marked by territorial disputes. We started the day touring the Golan, then went to Caesarea Phillipi (Banias), Tel Dan, and concluded the day at Hazor.

Hazor was again particularly meaningful to me as I spent a summer dig there in 2001. I think I might have to have a nostalgic blog about that in the near future.

. . . but for now my co-pilot ladybug would like to update my family in pictoral fashion.

Here is ladybug in the Golan Heights overlooking Syria.


Ladybug is hanging out at Tel Dan Nature Reserve. He very much enjoys the greenery and water

Here I am at Hazor with ladybug.
Well that's it for today. Tomorrow we have more sites to see and will overnight in Jerusalem.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Love it. G is sleeping but I'll be sure to show him tomorrow!