Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Thankful

So I realize exactly how long it has been since I've made a blog entry. This last year has been quite the adventure. Problem with adventures is they are so much more fun to read about than to actually experience.

Thankfully, this adventure has come to an end, and by this adventure I mean the long experience we have had with a contested adoption. Today our son, is legally ours. There has been considerable expense, enormous sacrifice on the part of Matthew's birth parents, and miles of anxiety. Today however, we stood in front of a judge and legally adopted Matthew.

I could write a multitude of directions expressing my relief, love, commitement, etc. I could fill this space with stories of my two boys. Instead, I'm going to keep this post brief and just express my thanks to God for His mercy to our family. We realize how His hand was at work in every aspect of this struggle molding us as parents and shaping us as a family. So I want to take the moment to publicly praise God and recognize his providential dealings with the four of us.

No comments: