Saturday, January 31, 2015

Home Again

More than a week has passed since I posted.  Normally that would be pretty good for me, but the last week feels like several years were compressed into it.

There has been healing.  There has been pain.  There is still a long road left to travel.  Thankfully, as I said recently, we still have our Savior's hand to lead us forward.

Many days pass in a sort of fog.  Even when it doesn't hurt I'm trying to remember what it was like to move forward in any sort of normal manner.  Those of you who have already walked this path are sure to relate.  I walk into a room and forget why I came.  I start a sentence and loose total understanding of what I was going to say.  I forget things that I usually have no problem bringing to mind.  It's mildly unsettling.  I wonder when I will begin to find my footing again.

I don't want you to think that I'm in a panic.  I just know that I'm home but normal is a long way away.

Soon I'll post pictures of Kate's funeral and some of the week that took place around laying her to rest.

Until then I'll trust that I don't need to know the answers or the future as long as I know Who holds the future.

No comments: