Thursday, August 4, 2011

Starquest

This week we had a 3 day Vacation Bible School at our church. This required robots, and aliens, and space rangers. Lori, but her theatrical talents to good use hid her hair and elongated her ears to become Soora, the Alien navigator:
I donned a mustache and jumpsuit that was vaguely reminiscent of my Father-in-law's from several years back. I was going for Prefontaine or Tom Selleck, but I think I was probably closer to Mario--as in Super Mario Bros. Here I am with my arch enemy Dark Matter. Mr. Matter's character was different but his name was stolen from the Space themed VBS held at MVCC Ramona a couple years ago.



And here we are, Soora and Captain Stargazer. Ah, life among the stars (and planets).



And here is the rest of the cast: P.A.L (the robot), Reynolds (our mechanic), the aforementioned Dark Matter, and one of our Junior cadets, Garrett.



It was a great week (three days) with a good turnout. We had fun and a lot of kids had a chance to hear about Jesus.