Saturday, October 18, 2008

Thar Might Be Pirates

Apparently my house is crawling with scurvy pirates looking for plunder. There's a wee one about pillaging and searching for burried treasure. He says things like "Yo Ho" and "Arrgh!" I'm afraid to cross him, lest I be forced walk the plank or might find myself being keel dragged from his piratey vessel.

Now this certain pirate doesn't have a peg-leg or a parrot. He doesn't have tattoos or natsy battle scars, but he does have a fierce scowl that can cause the salitest old sea dog to shake with fear.

Then again, he doesn't want gold or stolen mayan treasure. He's more interested in pilfering a Capri Sun juice box from the pantry or chapstick from the bathroom. His eye patch and hook are just a fashion statements, and his most notable acts of cruelty are attempting to ride the Golden Retriever like a pony.

I suppose if this is the depths of is wanton behavior, I won't have to go reporting him to the port authorities. I dont' exaclty want him put in irons. I kind of like having him around.


No comments: