Sunday, September 14, 2008

About my blog.

This is my blog. I'm not writing with the expectation that I will be entertaining a horde of readers. I am writing for my own purposes and entertainment. Any comments I make will be biased, based upon my random observations, and, at times, make completely no sense to anyone except the writer. So if you wish to check in from time to time, feel free. Just keep in mind that there are probably several million more engaging writers blogging in cyberspace. Of course my wife and other family members may enjoy some of my posts, but really I writing this blog for myself.

Just one more thing. Obviously the title of this blog is in reference to the Trojan War. When you grow up with the name "Troy" and have a natural interest in history such an allusion is completely natural. There is no deeper hidden meaning. I do, however, wish to point out that my realization that Helen was the queen not princess of Sparta. I also realize that she went willingly and was not stolen (except perhaps from her husband). Nevertheless, for the subheading, I still think "stolen princess" has a much better ring to it that "runaway queen." You can disagree if you like.

Well that's it. Welcome. I'm happy to be joining the blogosphere.